Asus P5B Deluxe Wi/Fi - Installation problems

Discussion in 'Asus' started by iam, Sep 2, 2006.

  1. iam

    iam

    Have just purchased:

    Asus P5B Deluxe Wi/Fi (w/BIOS?)
    Antec Neo 550W
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    2X 1Gb OCZ2SOE8002GK - PC2 6400 5-5-5-12
    Matrox QID LP Video card (PCI-E)
    2- 150gb WD RAPTOR SATA Drives
    ANTEC P180 Case
    DUAL LAYER DVD REWRITER

    1. System powers up but just hangs and will not bring up POST screen to allow me into the BIOS Setup. There is no speaker on Antec P180 case so i cannot tell if m/b is beeping or not. I suspect that I have the wrong RAM as what I bought is not on the Qualified Vendors List for DDR2-800.

    2. I have plugged my DVD into the PRI IDE connector - using the HDD cable provided as there was no CD-ROM cable provided. Will this work? (I saw there was some mention on another post about a JMB363 PATA connector?)

    Any suggestions will be much appreciated

    iam

    iam, Sep 2, 2006
  2. iam

    ConanBuddah

    I have the same problems. Ocz ram is apparently not compatible with the p5b and I have heard that the neo 550w has given people problems as well. The only thing different to your set up is my hard drives and dvd drive. It still doesnt work though :(

    ConanBuddah, Oct 14, 2006