Asus P5LD2 Mass Storage driver install error (XP SP3)

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by visionhelp, Dec 18, 2022.

  1. visionhelp

    visionhelp

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2022
    Hi. (A nice third advent.)

    XP SP3 will be my last Windows version to have to study at least each at about 5 years, to be able to work with it comfortable and as it has to do, for me.
    (Avast and firewall, and two other safety tools are running and doing.
    This now being built over years now running: I will not do this effort again.)

    (This is the german driver´s Asus site (for XP and further versions and OSs): https://www.asus.com/de/supportonly/p5ld2/helpdesk_knowledge/, in english could not find fast, sorry.)

    Focus: Not using the installation of/for XP; I use an already - long term installed (built together) XP SP3 now - and do have ´just´ to install the new board´s drivers.

    I installed the drivers for ChipSet, LAN, Audio, Others, ACPI driver. With success.
    But this driver "Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager Installation Utility V5.0.0.1032" messages an isntall error: can not be installed and opens a readme-file. With listing of requirements to this (driver) installing.
    Here I am overwhelmed.
    And perhaps there is an easy way to do the solution to solve this.
    (I imagine, a new install of XP could be a solution to this, but also possible: not. But, sorry, new install is no question, please.)

    Thanks for any real helps.
    Best Regards.

    PS.: I have to admit - just as LITTLE idea, please -, one or more special BiOS-setting could not be the required setting to this. (These settings, especially for S-ATA (AHCI), now in iDE-mode, are still an other own challenge.)

    PS2.: Perhaps to support forum ?

    Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
    visionhelp, Dec 18, 2022
  2. visionhelp

    visionhelp

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2022
    As the readme-file of the Mass Storage driver says as requirement: "CPU Intel Pentium 4" I changed it to this CPU now. But the same message - the driver installing - still appears.

    visionhelp, Dec 22, 2022
  3. visionhelp

    visionhelp

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2022
    (Sadnessly it is not possible to edit the posts ..., after 24 hours or so.)
    Here the copy of this Readme.txt file, of this driver "Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager":

    Attached Files:

    visionhelp, Dec 22, 2022
  4. visionhelp

    visionhelp

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2022
    Finding ´lots´ of this drivers in the internet.
    But the driver at Asus P5LD2 should do it.

    visionhelp, Dec 22, 2022