    different types of Keyboards, also the Samsung Pleomax USB Keyboard
    with the >Power< Button. But none is working. Only Power-Down is
    possible. Any suggestions ? Thanks for reply

    Gianni Piccolo, Aug 21, 2011

  2. Gianni Piccolo

    Paul Guest

    A necessary ingredient, is the setting of the
    PS2_USBPW jumper, or the USBPW5-10 jumper. Those
    two jumpers, control how the PS2 and USB 1-4
    are powered, or the USB 5-10 are powered.

    The device waking the computer, needs +5VSB as a
    power source.

    Of course, that isn't the end of the story. There
    may be another BIOS setting, that controls waking.
    Power On By Keyboard [Power Key] is one setting.
    But the manual doesn't say whether that is a PS/2
    function, or a USB function.

    So about all you can do, is change the jumper that
    controls how the keyboard is powered. Any other
    setting, like BIOS settings, may or may not work.

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 21, 2011