Asus P5N32-Sli Premuim Problem

Discussion in 'Asus' started by jimbojambo, Dec 3, 2006.

1. jimbojambo

jimbojambo

Hey, newbie here, just a question regarding my new mobo. I have a conroe E6600 (2.4ghz), now in windows task manager it registers as 2.4 ghz, but in the bios it says 1.59ghz? now im pretty sure thats what its running at cause it is slow. I ran 3dmark 06 and got a cpu score of only 900 or so!!! I have a Asus 8800GTX which seemed to save face a bit but the end score was only 5500, dont know if you can help with that though as i know this is a mobo site :)

Details.
    ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium
    INTEL DC2 E6600
    ASUS EN8800GTX
    2gb PC6400 OCZ Game Xtrm
    250g Seagate Sata-II HD
    Silverstone st75z 750W PSU
    Antec nine hundred case.
    Windows XP SP2

jimbojambo, Dec 3, 2006
  2. jimbojambo

Vaklav

For any newer user with the same problem with that MoBo:

It's a BIOS problem. Not related with bad configuration or any other thing, and is an ASUS fault, not yours.

If you have the windows OS installed and working, just enter the ASUS webpage/support/downloads and select motherboard/socket 775/and your current model of P5N32-SLI. Then download the last BIOS (P5N32blehblehdotROM) and the BIOS update program. Install it (reinstall it if it says there is a newer version), and flash the BIOS.you downloaded (don't expect the "install from internet" option to work).

When flashed, you'll have to restart the system, and a scary message talking about a bad rom checksum or so may apperar. Dont worry and select the "default settings" option.

The system should work fine then.

By the way, I renamed the rom file as indicated in the user manual. Don't believe is neccesary, but not bad to check it, just in case.

Vaklav, Jun 27, 2011
Ask a Question