ASUS P5Q Deluxe s775 PCI question

Discussion in 'Motherboard General Discussion' started by Ze Baarda, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Ze Baarda

Ze Baarda

hi, i did want to ask u about the ASUS P5Q DELUE s775 motherboard.. Can you explain which PCIe lanes are not shared between them? In on BLUE pcie 16x slot i have the GPU, on the white PCI slot over the GPU i have a EMU 1616m soundcard, but i need a PCIe lane for my RME HDSP cardbus (also a audio interface card), WHICH IS NOT SHARED WITH OTHER LANES/LINES..did u understand what i mean?
    I need a clarification about PCIe lines, that has dirrect connection to the CPU, that are not shared with other lines! Are the both 16x BLUE and BLACK shared if used both together? If there goes 2 GPUs in crossfire or SLI connection, then the both run on 8x+8x, right? It means they are shared lanes or its just in the case of 2 GPUs? Hows with one GPU and one soundcard? I need a free PCIe line, but dont know the schematics..please help me in this sticky situation.. :)

Ze Baarda, Oct 11, 2018
Ask a Question