asus p5qe premium 16x video card question/opinions on board

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by markm75, Sep 12, 2008.

  1. markm75

    markm75 Guest

    I'm not clear looking at the p5qe premium, if i can run two
    independent 16x video cards at full 16x? (ill never do crossfire or
    sli)..

    Here is the board..

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131326

    The premium is nice too, as in the rear i use at least 10 USB as of
    now, if not 12 (counting two in the front), this would eliminate one
    4port bracket and my pciex1 usb card..

    Any thoughts on this board.. will i be ok, full 16x ability on both
    ports (which colored slots?)

    (this board met my need of dual video cards, pciex1 sound card, raid
    card, ddr2)..

    Ill probably throw either the 4870 cards or 9800 gx2 cards in this
    board (no sli/no crossfilre).

    markm75, Sep 12, 2008

  2. markm75

    markm75 Guest

    It appears that only 1 of the slots is full 16x.. so i'm going the
    route of a p5e3 deluxe and ddr3 at this point

    markm75, Sep 12, 2008