    with the fan duct. However, w/no CPU fan and no power supply fan (Antec
    semi-fanless PS), the system is no quieter than my last one. The two case
    fans, while quiet, don't produce a quiet PC.

    John Smith, Jan 1, 2007

  2. John Smith

    Phil Guest

    They are both relevant. The CPU temp displayed in the BIOS, ASUS Probe 2, or
    Speedfan, is measured by a thermal diode on the CPU die, while core temps
    are measured by a digital thermal sensor near each core. The location of the
    two digital thermal sensors is significantly hotter than the location of the
    single thermal diode.

    -phil

    Phil, Jan 2, 2007

  3. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    Are the readings below reasonable/safe.

    John Smith, Jan 2, 2007
  4. John Smith

    Phil Guest

    Actually, your temps seem lower than what is typical for air-cooling, with
    this board/CPU. Assuming they are correct, though, they are fantastic temps.

    -phil

    Phil, Jan 2, 2007
  5. John Smith

    Mitch Crane Guest

    I'd call them excellent.

    Mitch Crane, Jan 2, 2007
  6. John Smith

    Guest Guest

    I am using Coretemp and my temps for both cores (E6600) are 50C under
    normal/light use. Is that Ok?

    Shane

    Guest, Jan 5, 2007
  7. John Smith