Asus P8Z77-V ASM Storage controller not optioned in BIOS

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by JAMESPH, May 2, 2020.

1. JAMESPH

JAMESPH

Asus P8Z77-V ASM Storage controller does not show as an option in the BIOS as per the manual, therefore I cannot use the ASMEDIA Sata3 ports, leaving me with only 2 SATA3 x 6GBs ports for SSD's, the remaining ports (other than the ASMEDIA Ports) only being 3GBs. According to the manual, in the BIOS under 'Onboard Devices Configuration' I should see 'ASM1061 Storage Controller' and 'AS1061 OPROM'. The storage controller should turn these ports active. Neither one of those is showing either there or anywhere else in the BIOS settings. Which means I cannot use the ASMEDIA SATA3 Ports on the mobo. The BIOS is the last issued by ASUS for this mobo, being American Megatrends Inc. version 2104 dated 13/08/2013 The chipset is Intel Ivy Bridge Rev 09 and the Southbridge Intel Z77 rev 04.
    Windows10 Pro, Asus Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB GPU, Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz 32GB DDR3 XMP RAM. 2 X 1 TB SSD 1 X 1TB HDD.
    Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I have seen suggestions about 'Modding' a BIOS , But I am loathe to attempt that, since I don't have the required technical nous for doing it, and for fear of crashing the whole thing, by my inept handling of the operation.

Thanks JAMESPH

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    JAMESPH, May 2, 2020
Ask a Question