ASUS PC Probe can't be installed on K7V-133A

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Oliver Römisch, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. Hi there,

    I have a Probe-lem installing PC Probe, latest v2.22.02 (probed it many
    times now...).

    My System is W2K, SP4, German. Running fine with any other Setup-Routine.

    When I double-click PC Probe the disk clicks a little bit and thats it. I
    can repeat this several times but nothing changes, no error messages.

    I ran filemon and regmon from www.sysinternals.com and filtered by setup.exe
    and _inst32i.ex_ but regmon said everything was successfull...., filemon
    complained about two missing pathes in the Install Directory
    (f:\install\asus\pcprobe), but the Asus Zip File doesn't contain these Paths
    so I suggest this to be for debugging purposes.

    What the heck is this???

    Please help (read about some other victims so I can't be the only one)

    greetings from Putensen in Salzhausen in Niedersachsen in Germany

    Oli

    Oliver Römisch, Dec 6, 2003

  2. Hi, after reading your post I d/l and installed it, and it works fine.
    Did you un-install previous version, reboot and install this new one?

    If not try un-installing, reboot, re-install.
    It makes several registry changes.

    Also it asked me if I wanted to remove or leave some ??32.dll that could be
    used by another program? I chose remove it.

    Patrick Phillips, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Hi. It may have been corrupted file try re-d/l from
    http://www.asus.com/support/download/download.aspx
    is the the latest

    Patrick Phillips, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Oliver Römisch