  1. Ogungen

    Ogungen

    Hi, Windows 10 pro 2014 doesnt detect my wifi adaptor. I have installed an Asus pce-ax58bt on a PCIEx1 slot of my Asus ProArt Z490 creator 10g motherboard. All firmware, bios and drivers are up-to-date. When the card is placed in a PCIEx16 slot the wifi adaptor is detected ( intel ax200 ) but the windows device manager gives an error code 10 saying the the device won't power up. Strangely enough the Bluetooth adaptor on the same card works fine when the card is inserted in either PCIE slot type.

    Ogungen, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Ogungen

    ohvns

    I have exactly the same problem. I guess Asus should give an urgent update to the motherboard's fw for pcie x1 slots.

    ohvns, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Ogungen

    Ogungen

    I solved my problem in the Bios settings. The AUTO function for the PCI port type doesn't seem to work, so you have to select the right type manually; and the power saving settings for the PCI1 slots seem to disable the former by default. I got to the conclusion by trial and error.

    Ogungen, Nov 2, 2020
    ohvns likes this.
  4. Ogungen

    ohvns

    Hi, that gave me a hope :) ...And i tried some but i still couldn't fix it. When you have time can you share your current BIOS screens for the PCIe's?

    ohvns, Nov 9, 2020
  5. Ogungen

    ohvns

    I solved it, too. I choose the 'Gen1' for PCIe port speed and disabled the power savings.
    Thank you.

    ohvns, Nov 12, 2020
  6. Ogungen

    Balash

    Joined:
    May 25, 2021
    I have the same problem with the very same WiFi card. The only way it's recognised and working is plugging the wifi card to PCIex1_2 port and the Asus Hyperlan 10G lan card to PCIEX16_3. But populating PCIEX16_3 disables Thunderbolt. Any fix since?

    Balash, May 25, 2021