    DStad Guest

    Recently purchased Asus R1F. Which is the better option...vista business 32
    or 64? Also, is Premium Home edition an option?

    DStad, Feb 2, 2007

  2. DStad

    Chris H. Guest

    Personally, because of the lack of driver support in peripherals (like some
    mainstream printers) in the x64 version, I'd go with 32-bit. Handwriting
    and other Tablet PC functionalities is available only in Home Premium,
    Business and Ultimate editions. See the comparison charts here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/choose.mspx
    for additional details.

    Chris H., Feb 2, 2007

  3. DStad

    terri Guest

    As for options, if you can justify the cost, Windows Vista Ultimate has
    every option. There will be new apps and programs released frequently that
    are only available for Windows Vista Ultimate, such as DreamScene, games,
    etc.

    You'll be able to install any of the versions available as Ultimate includes
    Home Premium, Business, Business Premium, etc.

    I've used an Asus R1F and it's a great Tablet! Congratulations on having
    one. I think you'll enjoy it a lot! The screen clarity is unbelievable.

    --
    Terri Stratton
    Microsoft Featured Community

    terri, Feb 2, 2007
  4. I received my R1F last month and plan on upgrading to Vista 64 bit Ultimate.
    Tony

    Tony Linguini, Feb 3, 2007