    again?

    cmon,. any useful hint is apreciated..

    thx

    Papcina, Dec 9, 2006

  2. Papcina

    Paul Guest

    Find an adapter like this, and connect a flash storage device
    directly to an IDE cable. You need to buy a Compact Flash to
    to plug into the adapter.

    SYBA SD-CF-IDE-DI "IDE to Compact Flash Adapter" $10
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822998003

    Transcend 2GB Compact Flash (CF) Flash Card Model TS2GCF120 $40
    "Supports IDE PIO mode 6, Multi-word DMA mode 4"
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820208048

    Since the USB on your motherboard is only USB 1.1, you
    wouldn't want to boot that way anyway. With a max transfer
    rate of 1MB per second, it would take forever to boot.
    The motherboard is too old to support USB boot.

    This is an example of a unit intended for 2.5" (laptop 44 pin)
    interfaces. The Compact Flash does all the work, and the adapter
    provides power and wires the pinout to a standard IDE connector.
    AFAIK, this is no different than any IDE disk, in terms of
    booting.

    http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/store/embedded_storage/cfdisk2d

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 9, 2006

  3. Papcina

    Papcina Guest

    Bilo je to Sat, 09 Dec 2006 17:52:14 -0500, kada je poznati Paul

    yea, I have all of that stuff here... but it still easy to say...
    I wanted to use that stick as an migrate OS which i would use mostly
    from this PC...
    so, how could i go in neighbours pc and ask him to open the case so i
    can plug the CF card in and run OS?!
    Makes no sense...

    crap.... I reeli luv this mbo all 4yrs, today is the first time i
    reeli h8 it...

    Papcina, Dec 9, 2006