    Is there an english entry into the DE support site?

    Thanks :)

    -Larry

    Larry, Dec 23, 2004

  2. Larry

    Paul Guest

    I get the impression that the updates are coming from the German site,
    and are redistributed to the other sites in a week or so. You never
    see a BIOS update first on another site, and then on the German site.
    The German site received a "makeover", that had all the earmarks
    of head office reining in their fun. Some of the pages ended up
    being cosmetically ugly, as a result. The FAQ pages are still
    there, but they don't look as nice.

    BIOS release notes are available for the release BIOS, but not
    for the beta BIOS. If you go to an Asus download page, there are
    "more" links on each line of the page. The "more" link for
    a BIOS file contains the release notes for the file. This is a
    sample of the popup you get when clicking a "more" link:

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/down...1&l2_id=21&l3_id=4&m_id=1&key_f_name=1002.zip

    The only thing wrong with that system, is BIOS releases that
    are removed from the download page, also lose their "more"
    link, so you can no longer discover what bugs were fixed
    in those releases. In a situation like that, you have to
    visit web.archive.org and look up the Asus web page, at
    some past point in time.
    The site is designed to make you fluent in German :)

    (Try babelfish.altavista.com)

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 23, 2004

  3. Larry

    Larry Guest

    Thanks :)

    From what I gather, ASUS just doesn't want us to know anything :)

    -Larry

    Larry, Dec 23, 2004
  4. Larry

    Roy Coorne Guest

    Larry wrote:

    You are not going to suggest that Asus doesn't want (the) US to know
    anything;-)

    Roy

    Roy Coorne, Dec 23, 2004
  5. Larry

    Peacekeeper Guest

    From what an asus tech told me the bisses were written in Germany and put on
    the site immediately they were available.

    I think the other website admins then picked this up when they checked the
    german server.

    Sounds strange but that was his answer to the same question I asked

    Peacekeeper, Dec 24, 2004
  6. From: "Peacekeeper"
    So if I download a BIOS update from the German site, will it work on my English
    BIOS/board? Thanks.

    PawsForThought, Dec 25, 2004
  7. Larry

    Peacekeeper Guest

    Mine always does....

    So answer is yes...

    Peacekeeper, Dec 27, 2004
  8. Larry

    tomcas Guest

    Yes, plus the German version flash utility has two nice programs bundled
    with it. One resets your bios default settings without having to short
    the mobo pins, and the other saves all of your bios settings to a text
    file.

    tomcas, Dec 30, 2004