Asus V9280 AGP video card and Asus P4C 800 motherboard problem

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Online Traveller, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. I'm building my own PC from scratch and hit a snag. I seem to have an
    incompatibility between my Asus P4C800 Deluxe motherboard and Asus V9280/TD
    Ti4200 8X (64 mb) AGP Video card. Or possibly a dead AGP slot, or a dead
    video card or a jumper or voltage setting I haven't set correctly.

    The Asus AGP video card has an SVHS out to TV and two monitor ports, one
    analogue and one digital.

    All other PCI slots are empty, no modem, no soundcard, nothing.

    With the AGP video card installed I can't boot up the PC however the green
    motherboard light comes on, front panel lights turn on, all hard drives turn
    on, all fans turn on including the fan on the video card !? but the monitor
    stays in standby mode. The monitor's little green standby light keeps
    flashing and nothing appears on the screen.

    Since the AGP video card fan is on, it looks like the video card is at least
    getting power.

    When I take out the AGP video card and put in a spare ATI Radeon 7000 (32
    mb) PCI video card into a PCI slot, the system boots up normally and takes
    me to the windows desktop very quickly without the slightest hiccup.

    I have already formated both hard drives and installed the operating system
    with the PCI video card installed so I know the motherboard works very well.
    I just need to get the AGP video card up and running asap.

    Thanks to all for any and all comments:)

    Cheers:)

    Online Traveller, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Online Traveller

    Tod Blatt Guest

    StrangeOn Tue, 18 Nov 2003 02:45:35 -0500, "Online Traveller"
    I had a similar problem with this video card.

    I had to reset the bios, and pull the ram out. Start the machine
    without the ram in order to get the ram error from the motherboard
    (beeping), power down, reinsert ram, power up and it was fine.

    Go figure.

    Tod Blatt, Jun 27, 2005