Asus v9280 geforce4 ti with agp8x driver problems

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by john p., Aug 20, 2004.

  1. john p.

    john p. Guest

    Please help.
    I can't get my graphics card working properly. The display is
    covered with random spots (different colored pixels)and occasionally
    various desktop icons will go black. The screen image will turn off
    and back on randomly. Also I can't use the digital out on the graphics
    card.
    I have tried various Asus (and NVIDIA) drivers including the
    original which came with the card. I read that the newest drivers are
    less stable than some of the older ones, but none of them seem to
    work. I have tried various ways of uninstalling, I even used Driver
    Cleaner 3, but nothing seems to work.
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks,
    John P.

    System info:
    Graphics card: Asus v9280 geforce4 ti with agp8x 128 mb
    MB: Asus p4p800
    Processor: Intel p4 2.4 with hyperthreading
    1gb ram

    john p., Aug 20, 2004

  2. john p.

    Max O. Guest

    john p.wrote:
    Please help.
    hi
    i am sorry that i CAN`T help you but i want to say something.
    i have the same grafic card and a similar system (asus p4g8x delux,
    2,66Ghz , 512 RAm dual channeling, ...)!
    I have the same problems as you have but i also have more problems!
    on the bios initialisation there are random ascii chars (you can`t
    hardly read the bios informations) all over the screen.
    it all began with condition zero.
    there are also problems with game (you can`t play -system shutdown or
    reboot or black screen- ) . also windows has problems (different
    colored pixels or problems with the 3D screensavers).
    I tried different nvidia drivers (not verified form windows) but non
    of them worked.
    Then i formatted and set up new. I use nvidia driver v61.77 (newest)
    but it still doesn`t work.
    I have also asked the asus support in germany but they couldn`t help
    me.
    Is my card broken? IF yes why is windows (and win apps) working????

    mfg max O.

    Max O., Aug 26, 2004

  3. i have the same problem change your bios settings in the mainboard to 4x
    this worked for me

    robert peterson, Nov 29, 2004