Asus v9520 video suite video capture question

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Cubik, Feb 8, 2004.

  1. Cubik

    Cubik Guest

    The ASUS v9520 can capture video but I can't find any decent info about it
    on the web, so here's a couple of questions :-

    1) What's the capture quality like? Is it going to be able to do a decent
    job of transferring old prerecorded VHS tapes onto AVI or MPEG for writing
    to VCD or DVD.

    2) Can it capture sound? If so does it capture stereo or mono? I realise
    this is a stupid question but I can't find any info on it anywhere,
    including ASUS website. There doesn't apear to be any sound inputs on it -
    Or do you use the soundcard in conjunction with it?

    If the card is a pile of junk, then any advice on similarly priced
    alternatives would be appreciated. I'm not after professional quality
    capture, I'm just after a reasonably priced video card with DVI output and
    would like to be able to get rid of some of my old VHS tapes (not available
    on DVD though)

    Cheers

    Cubik

    Cubik, Feb 8, 2004