    384 RAM
    Maxtor 60G
    GeForce 5200

    Darren R. Barnes, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Hey, Darren.

    Obviously, you should do nothing but play games on your computer. :)
    Seriously, though, that is rather odd.

    It sounds like a driver or software problem to me. How do you connect to
    the internet, LAN, dialup, DSL, cable modem, etc.? Do you play any games
    online, or do you stay offline when you play? Where did you get the
    drivers, from FIC or directly from the manufacturer?

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Dec 11, 2003

  3. I play on and off-line and I connect with a cable modem. I got all
    the latest drivers, so I am at the end of my rope. Probably time to
    upgrade. I will mess with this a little longer and see what I can
    fix. Thanks.

    Darren R. Barnes, Dec 12, 2003
  4. Have you tried testing the RAM with memtest86 ( http://www.memtest86.com ) and stressing
    the CPU with Prime95 ( http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm )? Both of these programs
    are free. Memtest86 runs from a boot floppy, and Prime95 runs in Windows.

    Also, do you have access to another network card? I was wondering if there might be
    some sort of problem with the built-in network interface.

    It's still weird that your computer would work fine when stressed but not when doing
    "simple" stuff.

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Dec 12, 2003
  5. Really dont think the netcard would be doing it. I have been running
    this system since Feb this year. Thinking about just buying a new
    MoBo.

    Darren R. Barnes, Dec 13, 2003