    isn't recognizing it's rpm's. Any ideas why?
    Thanks so much,
    scott

    WilcoxSE, Apr 17, 2004

  2. WilcoxSE

    WilcoxSE Guest

    Hello again folks.....correction....I purchsed a Thunderbird 1.2 ghz 200 mhz
    processor.....the pc recognizes it as an athlon 1200 (12 x 100MHZ). I have
    it set up in the SoftMenu now as such and it is running fine, and the boot
    problem corrected itself. Now....would it work better say at 6 X 200 mhz?
    Scott

    WilcoxSE, Apr 17, 2004

  3. WilcoxSE

    WilcoxSE Guest

    Re: KT7 + Thunderbirds 1.2 Ghz (200 fsb)

    typo.......yes it's a KT7 and Thunderbird 1.2 ghz (200 fsb)

    WilcoxSE, Apr 17, 2004
  4. WilcoxSE

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:35:49 -0400, WilcoxSE wrote:

    > typo.......yes it's a KT7 and Thunderbird 1.2 ghz (200 fsb)

    That's a pretty old cpu. If you want more speed, try raising the FSB using
    FSB Plus setting. make sure ram is at Hostclck only, and you might be able
    to add up to 16, for 12x116 for close to 1400Mhz. You alkso may need to
    raise vcore to get that high. Just depends. There's some good info on the
    KT7 in the link below.

    Wes Newell, Apr 17, 2004
  5. WilcoxSE

    WilcoxSE Guest

    Re: KT7 + Thunderbirds 1.2 Ghz (200 fsb)

    Thanks Wes

    WilcoxSE, Apr 18, 2004