AT91RM9200 SSC and I2S audio DAC

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Marcel-G, Jan 18, 2004.

  1. Marcel-G

    Marcel-G Guest

    Is there anybody who has used the SSC of the atmel AT91RM9200 in
    master mode to control an audio DAC ?

    I used the settings as described in the Atmel application note in my
    device driver, but when a data to the driver and watch output on a
    scope I see that left and right channels sometimes swap.

    After this I did a test by writing only one short ( 16bit ) into the
    SSC_THR and watch this data in relation to the frame sync signal, the
    data is sometimes output when framesync = 0, and sometimes when
    framesync = 1
    I can not find any logic behaviour.

    Settings I used are as follows :
    ***TFMR***
    FSEDGE = 0
    FSDEN = 0
    FSOS = 1
    FSLEN = 15
    DATNB = 1
    MSBF = 1
    DATLEN = 15

    ***TCMR***
    PERIOD=15
    STDDLY=1
    START=4
    CKI=0
    CKO=1
    CKS=0

    Any help would be apriciated, since I`m really ran out of ideas :-(

    Marcel G

    Marcel-G, Jan 18, 2004

  2. Contact at91support at atmel dot com for direct contact with the Apps Lab.

    Ulf Samuelsson, Jan 22, 2004