    and these things are not addressed, but I can't find any Atmel documentation
    that discusses it directly.

    Any ideas?

    Ian McBride, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Ian McBride

    Simon Berry Guest

    I'm shuffling through the Linux port for this part, but what I am really
    Most of the initial AT91RM9200 port was done by ourselves, SAN People, and
    an independent contractor by the name of Rick Bronson. Atmel provided direct
    technical support on the chip.

    As a result, the Linux port services our and Rick Bronson's client's needs,
    and not much else. Of course, being open source, others have started to add
    other functionality to the port as well.

    At present there exists no FAQ adresing your questions. In the spirit of the
    open sorce community, we would be willing to answer any questions via email
    (of course I am hesitant to set a precident that will result in us becoming
    a technical support desk ;-> )

    The bootloader that ATMEL formally is "supporting" is U-boot - see
    sourceforge - but beware of board (read $5000 DK) specific code.

    Regards
    Simon

    Simon Berry, Sep 23, 2003

  3. As far as I know, the latest list include

    SUPPORTED
    * Ethernet
    * SVGA: text, not sure about graphics
    * Serial
    * SPI
    * Dataflash
    * USB Host controller - you can connect a USB flash disk like Disk On Ke
    * PS/2 Keyboard
    * Smart Media
    * ext2 file system

    -----------------------
    NOT SUPPORTED (yet)
    * CompactFlash
    * PS/2 Mouse
    * MMC
    * SD
    * jffs

    The ROM boot loader supports loading a binary image from UART or USB to
    internal SRAM.
    I know that there are binary images supporting dataflash.
    You may send your questions directly to if this suits
    you.

    Ulf Samuelsson, Sep 25, 2003