    system it is showed up and detecting as a scsi type of disk .....any
    help`

    Pelle

    Perra, Nov 15, 2003

  2. Perra

    S.Lewis Guest

    If it's not detected in Windows but is on the controller card BIOS, then the
    disk likely just needs to be partitioned.

    If you're running Win2K, it would not be unusual for it to be identified as
    a SCSI device in device manager.

    hth

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Nov 15, 2003

  3. Perra

    Perra Guest

    Ok running XP-pro how do i do to make a partition on it ?

    Pelle

    Perra, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Open the disc administrator (in the control panel under computer
    management).

    Edward J. Neth, Nov 15, 2003
  5. |
    | |
    |but not in" MY
    | COMPUTER"........in
    | > system it is showed up and detecting as a scsi type of disk .....any
    | > help`
    | >

    | > Pelle
    | >

    | If it's not detected in Windows but is on the controller card BIOS, then
    the
    | disk likely just needs to be partitioned.
    |
    | If you're running Win2K, it would not be unusual for it to be identified
    as
    | a SCSI device in device manager.
    |
    | hth
    |
    | Stew

    Additionally I guess it is not unusual for disks on a separate controller
    card to be listed as scsi. I have a Gateway that came with a Promise Ultra
    card and it shows as scsi in device manager. "That's normal" was the
    response I got when researching why.

    FWIW I put a Maxtor 120 in my D8200 and once set up (partitioned and
    formatted) through disk management it works fine. (using onboard controllers
    not a card)

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    HillBillyBuddhist, Nov 15, 2003
  6. Perra

    Perra Guest

    In mine its not even goes throu bios....just freezes

    Perra, Nov 15, 2003
  7. Perra

    PC Gladiator Guest

    It should be showing up in your BIOS without using a controller card.

    How is the drive configured? (master/slave/cable select).
    Are you using an 40 pin. 80 wire data cable?
    Is the controller enabled in the BIOS?
    Is anything else on the same controller? What is it? How is it configured?

    If possible try running the Maxtor provided diagnostics on the hard drive.
    You might have snagged a bum drive.

    PC Gladiator, Nov 15, 2003