Athlon 1.2 Asus A7 mobosystem can't detect SDRAM memory

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BB=A8=BA=C3=C2=FA_=D4=C2Beautiful_, May 2, 2004.

  1. Learned scholars,

    My Athlon 1.2 system can't detect SDRAM memory.

    system: Athlon1.2, Asus A7 mobo, 64mb Toshiba RAM,
    128mb Hynix Ram, Strawberry128mbRAM, Geforce2 MX64mb,

    Actually before, everything is ok. just that as a hobbyist i tend to
    help my friends with pc matters and in the course of things, i have
    plug and unplug the memory modules a few times.

    recently my system can't detect the RAM and i have rubbed the RAM gold
    plating contacts with erasers to clear off the dirt and impurities.
    after many times of inserting, system managed to detect the RaMS.

    Then i got a free 128mb SDRAM and prompttly installed them on my
    ssystem. the detection problem crops aup again. i have tried all the
    possible combinations of RAMS positions, but still can;t work. did
    the cleaning with erasers too.

    The system managed to boot up once but the screen was blurry and jerky
    type. after plugging and replugging the display cord, system can't
    reboot anymore

    Any advise. Thanks

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BB=A8=BA=C3=C2=FA_=D4=C2Beautiful_, May 2, 2004

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BB=A8=BA=C3=C2=FA_=D4=C2Beautiful_

    rstlne Guest

    Sounds like you have booger'd your motherboard. Ram is pretty tough, Never
    EVER seen the connectors get dirty enough to need cleaning like that..

    rstlne, May 4, 2004

  3. now the beeping sound is no more after i adjusted the graphics card a
    little. Then system instability came in. Sometimes it can be started
    sometimes it can't. most of them time the system is on but the monitor
    won't turn on. just the orange LED light is on on the monitor panel.

    and when it can be started, then the hdd problems comes in. windows
    file is missing. So when i tried to reinstall windows or repair win, by
    booting with cdrom drive with win cd setup, the system just went into
    a windows setup like usual initially but then just went on for another
    reboot automatically.

    Pls advise.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BB=A8=BA=C3=C2=FA_=D4=C2Beautiful_, May 6, 2004
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BB=A8=BA=C3=C2=FA_=D4=C2Beautiful_

    Peder Guest

    How old is this MB? Any chance it's suffering the swollen capacitor
    problem from a couple years back?

    Peder, May 8, 2004