Athlon 1.33GHz 266FSB on GA-7ZXR Rev1.0 board

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by J Baker, Dec 14, 2003.

  1. J Baker

    J Baker Guest

    Just installed a new Athlon 1.33GHz 266FSB on GA-7ZXR Rev1.0 board. Have
    latest BIOS version FB installed. I'm unable to get the board to boot when
    the CPU dip switches are set to 133MHz, even though it appears the board and
    the BIOS should support this.

    The POST screen also misses the boat and reports only a 1.0 GHz processor
    installed.

    What do I need to do to get the board to recognize the CPU and get the
    system bus speed up to 133MHz?

    Thanks for any help you can offer!!

    JB

    J Baker, Dec 14, 2003

  2. J Baker

    Wes Newell Guest

    It doesn't.
    Multiplier times FSB = CPU speed. It's right on the money at 10x100.
    According to the info I found on the 7ZXR board it uses the KT133(non A)
    chipset, and as such it won't do a 133MHz FSB. So if you want to use that
    cpu at full speed, you'll need to unlock it (closing L1's) and then set
    the multiplier 12.5 and FSB to 107. It's really a poor choice for that MB.
    See link below for more info.

    Wes Newell, Dec 14, 2003

  3. J Baker

    J Baker Guest

    Thanks for the reply Wes!

    I'm going to chock this one up to learning. The system was my first build
    and I had thought I was getting a decently expandable board two years ago.
    Rev1 boards are not the best for that as I have discovered.

    JB

    J Baker, Dec 19, 2003