    What's the best overclocking speeds I can expect from this setup?

    Fuzzy logic 4, currently says Iam running 15x132.6 1.67v 1990.0Mhz at
    57 degrees C

    David. E. Goble, Aug 4, 2003

  2. David. E. Goble

    Neil Guest

    you'd have to try and see, would probly be the limit of your boards chipset
    and mem your using that would be determine your top end with your setup.

    Neil

    Neil, Aug 5, 2003

  3. David. E. Goble

    Wes Newell Guest

    57C, even at full load is too high. If that's at idle, It's at least 20C
    too high. You need to figure out why your temps are so high before you
    even think about clocking any higher.

    Wes Newell, Aug 5, 2003
  4. David. E. Goble

    sdlomi Guest

    Yet another thing I do not understand: Why does he need the P4 connector
    hooked to the Athlon mobo? I thought you only hooked that connector
    onto/and when using a P4-class mobo. Do all Athlon mobos have a receptacle
    for the P4 connector?
    Thx in advance. sdlomi

    sdlomi, Aug 7, 2003
  5. David. E. Goble

    sdlomi Guest

    Like I said, i've now learned something new. Sounds like you felt, even
    after seeing it, that it need not connecting since you weren't using
    P4--wonder why they put both on the board? Does it sound illogical to you
    too? Some perfectly good ATX power supplies would needlessly have to be
    replaced just for this reason, huh?
    At any rate, I'm glad to know. I'd certainly have set it up w/o
    connecting the P-4 connector and seemingly been quite disappointed in its
    non-overclockability! Thanks, Ski, & have a great weekend. sdlomi

    sdlomi, Aug 9, 2003
  6. David. E. Goble

    neopolaris Guest

    I was hoping someone would notice the high temps. You da man Wes. Helpful,
    as always. The cas3 ram could be a hinderance also.

    neopolaris

    neopolaris, Aug 16, 2003