    the pros/cons?

    Cheers

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Soupladel

    Doughnut Guest

    Well ive got my Mobile 2500xp in my Abit AN7 board and it great, i dont
    think there are any cons. Ive got it clocked at 11x200 for a 3200xp @ 1.5v
    very cool and fast. I think they run ok in all nforce 2 ultra motherboards.

    doughnut

    Doughnut, Oct 2, 2004

  3. Soupladel

    Avid Gamer Guest

    I meant to get the mobile 2500 to 3200 speeds 1.65 is needed :),
    though i am running at 1.75, to get my 12.5X200 2.5ghz.

    Avid Gamer, Oct 3, 2004
  4. Soupladel

    Soupladel Guest

    I can only get mine to run at 11.5 x 200 anything else and it refuses to
    post or load windows. (I am currently running with 2x512Mb 3200)

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Oct 3, 2004
  5. Soupladel

    Avid Gamer Guest

    What voltage you using for the CPU and ram timings ?

    Avid Gamer, Oct 3, 2004
  6. Soupladel

    Soupladel Guest

    Vcore @ 1.7v (needed to get it stable) and the ram timings are at 3,3,3,8

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Oct 3, 2004
  7. Soupladel

    Avid Gamer Guest

    Try 1.775 to get it realy stable.

    Avid Gamer, Oct 4, 2004
  8. Soupladel

    rstlne Guest

    The desktop chips do it at 1.7v .. so I think that you shouldnt need to go
    over that (or you woulda been just as good off buying a desktop version)

    rstlne, Oct 5, 2004
  9. Soupladel

    Avid Gamer Guest

    Can the Desktop version do 400fsb at 2.5ghz, and stay under 40c when
    doing it ?

    Avid Gamer, Oct 5, 2004
  10. Soupladel

    rstlne Guest

    I doubt it..
    I doubt your Mob version would do 400fsb either..
    I doubt you'll find a chipset that will go past 280..
    If your having to up the voltage at 2300 PAST what a desktop version is
    using then chances are it's going to be hotter than the desktop version, the
    temp variations between mob&nonmob is that the mob is able to run stable at
    a lower voltage.. Given that your increasing voltage then your also
    increasing the heat..

    rstlne, Oct 5, 2004
  11. Soupladel

    Soupladel Guest

    Well I have mine running at 11.5x200 (400 with 1Gb 3200)

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Oct 5, 2004
  12. Soupladel

    Soupladel Guest

    Should I be uping the chipset or ram voltages as well? never had to do this
    in the past when overclocking my previous 750, 1GHz or 2400+ chips!

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Oct 5, 2004
  13. Soupladel

    Avid Gamer Guest