    reason. There are about 10 messages there now and I assume they are using
    the paid services at netfront.net, or maybe there's another reason my post
    get refused.

    Wes Newell, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Wes Newell

    Flossie Guest

    Thanks for the HeadsUp, I have just asked our ISP to add this but i don`t
    hold out hope :(

    Flossie, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Wes Newell

    rstlne Guest

    Thanks for the HeadsUp, I have just asked our ISP to add this but i don`t
    More chance in BT Doing it than NTL..
    NTL Cant even keep their servers running, much less updated ;)

    rstlne, Feb 27, 2004
  4. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    Here's what I got from Verizon.

    alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64 will not be added. Not listed at
    isc.org nor Google:groups.

    So I've requested it at . If they get enough
    request and add it, then I can get from verizon, maybe.:)

    Wes Newell, Feb 27, 2004
  5. Wes Newell

    BoB Guest

    ATT added it to their feed, took a couple of hours.

    BoB, Feb 27, 2004
  6. Wes Newell

    Ed Guest

    I see it on teranews, but no messages show up.
    Ed

    Ed, Feb 27, 2004
  7. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    Maybe it needs a seed message. There's 11 messages at freenews now.

    Wes Newell, Feb 27, 2004
  8. I've asked Cox. We'll see what happens.

    Peter van der Goes, Feb 28, 2004
  9. Wes Newell

    DougH Guest

    Wes, I use that news server also. The free service doesn't allow posting
    however you can use post.newsfeeds.com to post to it. Only thing about
    posting with it is that it allows only text posts, no binaries.

    DougH

    DougH, Feb 29, 2004
  10. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    Thanks. I'll give it a try. I don't do binaries anyway. I'm following up,
    and I think you'll see the new group on a lot more servers very soon.

    Wes Newell, Feb 29, 2004
  11. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    I can't even get logged in there.

    Wes Newell, Feb 29, 2004
  12. Wes Newell

    DougH Guest

    I think I might see the problem. The little commercial line they stick in
    the top of all posts has a spelling mistake. The s is missing from
    newsfeeds. The server is post.newsfeeds.com and cross your fingers.

    DougH

    DougH, Feb 29, 2004
  13. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    That works a little better. Here now, but stil no .x86-64 in their list.:-(

    Wes Newell, Feb 29, 2004
  14. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    And you can only read messages that are posted on this server. Strange,
    but posting works fine.

    Wes Newell, Feb 29, 2004
  15. Wes Newell

    Destroy Guest

    Destroy, Feb 29, 2004
  16. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    First. My apologies. The control message for original creation of this
    group was flawed, and thus caused it not to be picked up by a lot of
    servers that did autocreations like isc.org. I corrected this today and it
    is now in their active list. My provider (verizon.net) checks isc.org's
    list and if not there will not create the group. If you had a similar
    problem, it should now be corrected.

    alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

    Covers all amd 64 bit cpu's and related hardware.

    Wes Newell, Feb 29, 2004
  17. Wes Newell

    DougH Guest

    You can only use post.newsgroups.com for posting, hense the name. I use it
    for posting and freenews.netfront.net for reading. Unfortunately the new 64
    newsgroup isn't on post.newsgroups.com yet so all I can do at the moment is
    read the newsgroup. I'll have to see if there is another free usenet server
    that allows posting and has the 64 newsgroup.

    DougH

    DougH, Mar 1, 2004
  18. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    You should be able to get it on your regular server next week if you've
    put in a request for it.

    Wes Newell, Mar 1, 2004
  19. Thus spake Destroy:
    We like newsgroups!

    Satan's Little Sister, Mar 1, 2004
  20. Wes Newell

    Destroy Guest

    So do I but we are the minority, I think. Least we're dedicated.

    Destroy, Mar 1, 2004