Athlon 64 NG

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by Wes Newell, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Update (FWIW). Cox has added the group as of this morning.

    Peter van der Goes, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    I'm still waiting on verizon.:-(
    I think they only add groups once a week.

    Wes Newell, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Wes Newell

    Arthur Buse Guest

    NTL has it now.

    Arthur Buse, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Wes Newell

    Arthur Buse Guest

    Sorry, no it does not.

    Arthur Buse, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Wes Newell

    rstlne Guest

    Lol..
    So you replied and said it had it..
    Then found out you made a mistake and it doesnt have it..
    odd.. i didnt see your first reply that they have it now..
    They will be adding it Today (wed the 3rd)

    rstlne, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Wes Newell

    Arthur Buse Guest

    I use 3 different news servers. news.individual.net has it, and I
    mistook that for NTL.
    I cancelled the mistaken post. I don't know if Outlook Express can,
    but in Forte Agent: Post > Cancell Usnet Message

    You can only cancell your own messages and some servers refuse to
    cancell messages.

    Arthur Buse, Mar 3, 2004
  7. Wes Newell

    Craig Coope Guest

    ntl have now added it...although there doesn't seem to be any headers or the
    message I just posted hasn't shown up...hmmmmmmmm........

    Craig Coope, Mar 6, 2004
  8. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    Your message is there. If your server just added it, it probably won't
    pick up the older messages. About 100 of them.

    Wes Newell, Mar 6, 2004
  9. Wes Newell

    DougH Guest

    Wes, I've noticed your sig stating that you use a Tbred. Does your
    KT7-RAID have the KT133a chipset? I have the same motherboard and I've
    always been under the impression that the old Athlon Thunderbird was the
    highest that would work. Right now I have a 1GHZ Thunderbird pushed to a
    paltry 1.1GHZ. What did you do to make yours use the newer chips?

    DougH

    DougH, Mar 6, 2004
  10. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    No, it's the original KT133 (non A). FSB will top out at a hugh 116MHz.:)
    The KT7A(-Raid) has the KT133A.
    Just plugged it (2100+ Tbred B core) in. Defaulted to 2000MHz.:)
    That's what the website below is for. Lot's of info.
    Or http://wesnewell.no-ip.com

    Wes Newell, Mar 6, 2004
  11. Wes Newell

    DougH Guest

    Thanks for the link Wes. I'll have to give one of those chips a try if I
    can find one in my area of Japan. I'm itching to build a new machine with
    AMD's 64 bit chip but the prices are still kind of high. I should be able
    to hold off a little longer now. I see you were in the Air Force. I just
    retired in 2002 from avionics maintenance. Only made it to SSgt though.
    Wasn't ambitious enough to go beyond. I married a Japanese girl a while
    back and now we live in her hometown. I'm an assistant english teacher in
    the local school system. Take it easy.

    DougH

    DougH, Mar 7, 2004