    Does people in general keep or remove the rubber feet?

    Best Wishes
    Thomas

    Thomas Andersson, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Those "rubber feet" are compressible pads and don't prevent proper contact.
    A better HSF might reduce the temperature but it also depends on case
    ventilation and ambient temperature as well as a few other factors.

    Those pads are intended to protect the CPU die when installing a heatsink
    and should not be removed.

    callsignviper, Jul 26, 2003

  3. Ambient is rather high (26c) but case ventilation is good (TT Xaser III
    case, totaly 7 case fans).
    Hmm, ok..

    Best Wishes
    Thomas

    Thomas Andersson, Jul 26, 2003
  4. Thomas Andersson

    HamMan Guest

    I have 6 case fans and sometimes more isnt better (as i found out) unplug a
    few of the fans making sure that there is still the back fan and an equal
    number of in and out ans

    HamMan, Jul 26, 2003
  5. Thomas Andersson

    Lee Guest

    The rubber pads are there to give better contact between the hsf and
    processor core to my understanding.

    Lee, Jul 26, 2003
  6. Thomas Andersson

    rAD Guest

    .....and the accuracy of the reading. Some are off by 10c or more.

    rAD, Jul 26, 2003
  7. Well, I'm not overclocking yet, I'm running the processor at default
    settings. I ahven't noticed any instabillity yet, but then again I haven't
    gone beyond bios either ;)
    BTW, I'm using the temp probe from the HardCano 9 attached underneath the
    processor as the instructions for my case shows, but is this apropriate for
    the Barton? should I place it on top of the processor, allong the core,
    instead?

    Best Wishes
    Thomas

    Thomas Andersson, Jul 27, 2003