    likely? Would flashing it be recommended?

    Thanks

    Jamie

    Jamie_Manic, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Sounds like a BIOS problem.

    Ransack The Elder, Jul 21, 2003

  3. Jamie_Manic

    Jamie_Manic Guest

    Damn. I re-flashed the BIOS and it still says I have a Duron. Anyone, any
    advice or stuff to try please!

    Jamie_Manic, Jul 21, 2003
  4. Jamie_Manic

    Blaedmon Guest

    You absolutely sure u got a xp in there? Perhaps a ninja stole into your
    place in the dark of night and replaced it with a duron?
    Be sure and see wtf it is by getting a cpu-identifying program. Theres
    hundreds out there - check it out. Perhaps the bios has detected
    overheating, and adopted a failsure clock?

    Blaedmon, Jul 21, 2003
  5. Jamie_Manic

    Jamie_Manic Guest

    Yes lol, it is an XP 2400+, its been running as one for months.

    Oddly enough though I just restarted again and the BIOS has recognised it as
    an XP 2400+ so all is well again.

    I hate PCs.

    Jamie_Manic, Jul 21, 2003
  6. Jamie_Manic

    Bob M Guest

    There have been a large number of those boards shipping with bad
    batteries. The lastest that affected me was the system I built for my
    Dad. Once we changed the battery and reset the Bios settings, all is
    well. It's a known problem in the ECS Forums. Good luck.

    Bob

    Bob M, Jul 22, 2003