    From: "John Carter" <>
    To: "QBall" <>
    Sent: Sunday, 01 February, 2004 5:25 PM
    Subject: Re: Athlon versus Barton ??

    Shee, that must suck !
    When I said 2500 easily - I should have qualified it with the qualifier that
    only if the 2600 was a TBB.
    Nice o/c - what are you cooling with ?

    and

    What memory are you using and bandwidth do you get ?

    QBall, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Gunny Bunny

    Wes Newell Guest

    Here's what th4e website shows.

    DESCRIPTION PRICE
    AMD Athlon XP 2200+ FSB266 Retail 99.99
    AMD Athlon XP 2400+ FSB266 Retail 114.99
    AMD Barton XP 2500+ FSB333 Retail *** Promotion *** 120.99
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+ FSB333 Retail 144.99
    AMD Athlon XP 2700+ FSB333 Retail 167.99
    AMD Barton XP 2800+ FSB333 Retail 195.99
    AMD Athlon XP 3000+ FSB333 Retail 274.99
    AMD Barton XP 3200+ FSB400 Retail 304.99

    Note that they also show the 3000+ as an Athlon instead of Barton and if
    they were specifying barton core Atlons by using AMD Barton then this is
    wrong. All 3000+ Athlon XP are Barton cores. In the end it wouldn't matter
    to me though since the 2500+ is the best buy. It seems high though even
    assuming that's 121cad, (91US). There's several places that sell them for
    $80US shipped. Might be a good price if there's duty to be paid on it.
    Good luck.

    Wes Newell, Feb 1, 2004

  3. Gunny Bunny

    Chogaire Guest

    Can you say pedantic? :)

    Chogaire, Feb 2, 2004
  4. Gunny Bunny

    Chip Guest

    Barton, *unless* one of them is unlocked, then go for the unlocked one. A
    220MHz FSB Tbred will beat even a 200MHz Barton.

    Chip.

    Chip, Feb 3, 2004