Athlon XP 2800 CPU temp is 53C.. is this too hot

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by Robert Headley, May 7, 2004.

  1. I am located in Indiana and its summer so its getting warmer here..
    its 69c here, usually in the high 70s during the day.

    I just noticed my CPU temp is 53c. and my ambient is 34c

    I have an Abit NF7-s v 2.0 mobo with 2x512mb of PC3200 Corsair
    valuram. Plus an ATI Radeon 8500LE with 128mb of Ram for video. I have
    an Antec Plusview 1000AMG case, that has two case fans under hte
    powersupply, blowing air out, and I have a Fortron/source 350 watt PSU
    with the 120mm PSU fan blowing out of the case as well.

    Should I maybe get some intake fans for the front of the case near the
    air filter? will this drastically improve things, as right now, its
    only pushing air out. Would this improve temperatures, I was planning
    on getting some panaflow fans for the front of the case.

    In the mean time, is 53c ok.. this is my idle temp, and it would only
    go up a few degrees if I do something like games. Not by much.

    also, Im currently not using air conditioning in my computer room or
    anything.

    Thanks for any help you can provide.

    Robert Headley, May 7, 2004

  2. Robert Headley

    DougH Guest

    I am located in Indiana and its summer so its getting warmer here..

    69c ?? You don't really mean celcius in this instance do you? Anyway a
    front case fan I'm sure would help. I would draw in more cooler air than
    without one.

    DougH

    DougH, May 7, 2004

  3. Robert Headley

    Wes Newell Guest

    Wow, and I thought it got hot here in Texas.:)
    53C core temp is fine. Ambient of 34C (93.2F) is pretty hot for a room
    temp though. Maybe you mean case temp.
    Ideally you want the same amount of intake pressure as you have exhaust
    pressure, with intake front low, and exhaust high rear.

    Wes Newell, May 7, 2004
  4. Robert Headley

    Stacey Guest

    Hmm is the CPU cooling the room?

    Stacey, May 8, 2004

  5. omg.. yes, I meant Farenheit for the ambient temp.

    and I meant 43c for my case temp.

    Im glad to know that everything is alright. Thank god for Usenet.. Thanks guys.

    Robert Headley, May 8, 2004
  6. Actually, now the air conditioner is.. and my CPU temp is 34c with an
    ambient of 24c..

    Robert Headley, May 10, 2004