    even care. as most young folks today could care less) Just because 'crack'
    is a 'commonly' used drug where your from , some folks haven't a clue as to
    what it is. Try a little respect, it goes a long way.

    JAD, Aug 11, 2005

  2. Maybe there wouldn't be so many offended people if there weren't so many
    people being offensive.

    David Maynard, Aug 11, 2005

  3. BobTheCat

    BobTheCat Guest

    Thanks, Carlos!

    After a little bit of a deviation, we have a final answer.

    On the "crack" crack, let me just say that when I first read that post, I
    tho't, ....."YES!"
    Go figure.... ;~D
    May I further say that the person who was offended by that comment....well,
    maybe they SHOULD be on crack! (Or valium).

    Okay, nuff said on that topic.

    Thanks all for your input!
    Bob

    BobTheCat, Aug 11, 2005
  4. BobTheCat

    spodosaurus Guest

    The rare few who understand the english language: a group you are STILL
    apparently not a member of, despite my repeatedly encouraging you to
    drag yourself from the pool of lazy ignorance you wallow in through the
    day. Profanity is language that is abusive or offensive. The definition
    of Bitch you were referring to falls into that category. So, once again,
    I've made you my bitch, Bitch.

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

    spodosaurus, Aug 11, 2005
  5. BobTheCat

    JAD Guest

    good job.... you made it...... "L"

    JAD, Aug 11, 2005
  6. BobTheCat

    spodosaurus Guest

    Bite on the ball and stay still.

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

    spodosaurus, Aug 11, 2005
  7. BobTheCat

    Ruel Smith Guest

    And there in lies the problem, its not funny, or entertaining. The
    Umm...it's a commonly used phrase used to say someone doesn't know what
    they're talking about. It's not meant to get a laugh or entertain. It's just
    everyday slang jargon used by millions. You've never heard anyone tell you
    or someone else "you're on crack..."?

    I'm almost 37, have a college education, was formerly a beginning computer
    programmer, before the dot-com crash and my subsequent layoff, and am not
    ignorant by any degree or young enough that I have this slacker attitude as
    you suggest. I'm not even in the same ballpark as the person you've
    obviously imagined me as being.

    As far as crack, if you don't know what it is, since it's all over the
    television, then you've been hiding in a cave. And, wakeup...crack's used
    everywhere, in every major city.

    Again, it's a commonly used phrase that no one I've ever met has ever been
    offended by until now. You people sound like a bunch of sensitive sissies.
    Suck it up and get over it! (pssst: now I am being offensive...) Cry all you
    want, I will NOT apologize for using a commonly used phrase that gets used
    daily by people from all walks of life.

    Go on with your life, people. Life's too short to get upset over nothing.

    Ruel Smith, Aug 11, 2005
  8. BobTheCat

    Ruel Smith Guest

    On the "crack" crack, let me just say that when I first read that post, I
    Thanks! There you go... The OP understood it wasn't offensive in nature.
    Kudos! Glad you've gotten everything straightened out, BTW. (oops...more
    slang? Someone else my get offended!)

    Ruel Smith, Aug 11, 2005
  9. BobTheCat

    rpl Guest

    Ruel Smith wrote:

    IMHO s/"to say"/"by"
    It doesn't.
    Population of the world = ?(???,???,???)

    Ratio billion:million = ?(???):?

    Percentage of people who use that phrase = .?%
    never used the stuff.
    "I'm unemployed and middle-aged" would've been sufficient descriptive
    though how that's supposed to make a difference is beyond me. And I
    could be wrong, but isn't that a little too old to have used/be using
    crack ?
    ?

    See above "Population Percentage" comment.
    figures; I don't find that phrase offensive; inappropriate perhaps, but
    not offensive.

    rpl

    rpl, Aug 11, 2005
  10. BobTheCat

    JAD Guest

    NO....its degrading and a reference to doing dope...do you do crack? so that
    you could Identify someone whos on it? Common to who?, just because you live
    somewhere where crack is used commonly doesn't mean everybody does.
    College?....talk with some intelligence then. I obviously have much more
    respect for my folks and proud in the fact that I am street drug free. BTW I
    live in Los Angeles, I know all about it, yet for some strange reason, I
    don't infer that people I talk to, nor there folks, are on it. Again, just
    because you have heard it said numerous times doesn't make it ok. I hear the
    'n' word all the time, I don't use that either.
    Hmmm let me see....nope don't give a damn, your mouth says different.

    BULLCRAP....sad that you promote the use. You watch too much TV news.
    I wouldn't expect someone like you to appologize, and your wrong...lets ask
    grandma shall we, whats that ? oh it wasn't around then.......
    Yeah its all 'nothing', the typical apathy that DOES Exist everywhere.

    JAD, Aug 11, 2005
  11. BobTheCat

    JAD Guest

    He has little respect for his folks too, and that's a good thing? typical.
    Do you tell your dad when he's mistaken that he's on crack? don't bother
    answering................

    JAD, Aug 11, 2005
  12. BobTheCat

    Ruel Smith Guest

    Speaking of not funny... Was this meant to be entertaining? It was plain
    goofy and completely void of anything substantial. Anyway, apparently the OP
    thought it was alright. I guess I don't need your permission...

    Ruel Smith, Aug 12, 2005
  13. BobTheCat

    Ruel Smith Guest

    He has little respect for his folks too, and that's a good thing?
    No, but apparently you're on something...

    Ruel Smith, Aug 12, 2005
  14. BobTheCat

    rpl Guest

    not particularly, just a heads-up.