    Thanks for any help.

    Best wishes

    Terje

    Terje Vagle, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Terje Vagle

    Archmadi Guest

    That's true.

    Actually,

    I have modified Athlon XP 2400's working just fine on that motherboard.

    Archmadi, Jul 21, 2003

  3. Terje Vagle

    Terje Vagle Guest

    Hi,

    What do you mean by "modified" Athlon XP2400?

    Have you done something physically with the cpu's?

    Thanks for your response,

    Best wishes,

    Terje

    Terje Vagle, Jul 21, 2003
  4. Terje Vagle

    Archmadi Guest

    The Athlon XP is a chip incapable of SMP operation out of the box.
    you can modify it by reconnecting the last pair on the L5 bridge and it can
    now be used in SMP mode. Much cheaper than buying 2400MP's

    Archmadi, Jul 24, 2003
  5. Terje Vagle

    John Guest

    And a lot less safer. Weird lock ups? Strange problems? No thanks, I'll
    pay a small premium and sleep better.

    John, Jul 24, 2003