    anyone have any opinions of Tiny Mediabooks? Are they reliable laptops?

    Cheers,

    Richard

    Cocklebury Farm, Jun 6, 2004

  2. | Hi,

    | How does an Athlon XP3000+M compare to an Intel P4 3.06 on a system with
    | 512MB RAM? Which would anyone recommend out of the two chips? Also, does
    | anyone have any opinions of Tiny Mediabooks? Are they reliable laptops?

    I know it isn't what you asked, but I would recommend A64 against either of
    the two. More expensive than the XP, but still cheaper than the P4, and best
    performance of the 3.

    Jason Cothran, Jun 7, 2004

  3. Cocklebury Farm

    Bob Newman Guest

    I recently bought a Compaq R3120US. The Althlon mobile and am very
    satisfied with it. I have only used the battery extensively once and got
    about 2 1/2 hours (I expect that to increase a little with "tainting". My
    unit came with 512 RAM 60 Gig HD CDRW & DVD playback. If speed is primary
    with you as the previous person suggested the Athlon 64 is the way to go. I
    decided that for my use this was fine & the price was very hard to beat
    ($950 @ Circuit City about 2 weeks ago). It also comes with a 15.4" screen.

    Bob

    Bob Newman, Jun 7, 2004
  4. Cocklebury Farm

    lewdvig Guest

    Clock for clock the Athlon eats the P4's babies.

    They are both good. The AMD will save you money.

    lewdvig, Jun 7, 2004
  5. Cocklebury Farm

    David Chien Guest

    I'd go Athlon 64 instead, with the eMachines $1600 M6809 model:
    One of the fastest and most powerful laptops on this planet, it kills
    almost anything that isn't running an Athlon 64-bit processor, and
    definitely everything else out there at this price or lower.

    March 2004 review says "We expect others to follow suit, but for
    now the M6807 can boast the ==best performance scores of any notebook==
    we've tested to date."

    eg. Dell XPS 3.4Ghz
    Winstone 2004: 17.1
    Multimedia : 25.8
    3DMark 2003 : 2489

    eg. eMachines M6807 Athlon 64 3000+ (the latest M6809 has an
    even faster 3200+ processor)
    Winstone 2004: 19.7
    Multimedia : 23.7
    3dMark 2003 : 2451 (M6805 model)
    3dMark 2001 : 9067

    David Chien, Jun 8, 2004
  6. Definitely A64. Performance is similar or better, price is cheaper, uses
    less energy so your lappy runs cooler and lasts longer. Its a no lose
    proposition.

    DA

    Devils Advocate, Jun 10, 2004