    my geforce is actually better i will just transfer it over.

    cheers all

    Smith

    smith, Apr 6, 2004

  2. smith

    Shonk Guest

    the geforce 3 will most prob be faster if its overclocked

    and will def be if the 9200 is 64bit memory bus one

    which i suspect it is

    i run my old geforce 3 ti200 in my server at 240 core 480 ram

    from 175 core 400 ram

    it geta about 10500 in 3dmark 2001

    Shonk, Apr 6, 2004

  3. smith

    Augustus Guest

    Whenever you see the "SE" suffix on an ATI card, it stands for "Shitty
    Edition". Specifically, in the case of a 9200SE, a crippled version of an
    already crappy RV250 GPU with 64bit memory. The 9200SE is a real bottom
    feeder from ATI's lineup. It's worse than the 64 bit FX5200. Even if you had
    a proper 128bit 9200, your Geforce3 Ti200 would outperform it.

    Augustus, Apr 6, 2004
  4. smith

    smith Guest

    hay shonk, do you have any extra cooling on your GF3 ti200 ?

    cheers mucker for the info on the ati too

    smith, Apr 6, 2004
  5. smith

    smith Guest

    got it running @ 200 core 430 ram, just to test on Need for speed
    underground, see if there is any performance increase

    smith, Apr 6, 2004
  6. smith

    Shonk Guest

    use 3dmark 2001 its pretty good at picking up problems

    2 much speed on the ram causes screen artifacts
    watch for them

    2 much speed on the core causes stuttering or hard lock if its way over

    the cooling on the core is just standard heatsink and fan

    remember ti200 cores are just standard ti 500 cores speed binned slower

    ti500's run at 250 core

    you can allmost guarantee it will run at 225 core for sure

    i took about a week of testing to find the absolute highest 100% stable
    speed
    and then made a custom bios for my ti so it runs at that speed from turn on

    if you work out your speed gime a shout and ill show u how to make a custom
    bios for your ti

    but make sure its good 100% not just good ish as your doing a perminent
    overclock

    mine is 240/480 and has been running that speed for the last 2 years with no
    problems

    Shonk, Apr 7, 2004