    settings. Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance

    Bill

    FerretBill, Sep 1, 2004

  2. FerretBill

    Augustus Guest

    This card is basically a 64bit PCIe version of a 9200SE with faster core and
    memory with DX9 capability. Which is about the absolute cheapest and slowest
    3D card ATI makes. It's basically a web browsing and productivity card only.
    Consider yourself lucky you are getting as high as you are. An X300SE has a
    bandwidth of 3.2gig/sec max. A 9200SE is at 2.6 gig per sec. A straight
    9200 is at 6.4gig per sec. A 3 year old Radeon 8500 does 8.8gig/sec.

    Augustus, Sep 1, 2004

  3. FerretBill

    FerretBill Guest

    ok, thanks, I got a great deal on the system and will be upgrading the
    video asap, just wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong
    elswehere.

    Thanks

    Bill

    FerretBill, Sep 1, 2004
  4. It should be illegal to sell systems like that one... a very fast CPU, lots
    of RAM - but a lousy videocard. An X300SE is nothing more than a budget
    videocard with, at best, mediocre results...

    Put an X800 XT PCIe card in it, fast! You'll be amazad by the raw power of
    that card... :)

    (that is, if you've got the money for it as it doesn't come cheap)

    =- Brian Dickens, the Netherlands

    Brian Dickens, Sep 1, 2004
  5. FerretBill

    Glitch Guest

    And if you don't have the money buy a X800 PRO.

    Glitch, Sep 1, 2004
  6. FerretBill

    FerretBill Guest

    Thanks for the replies. I will be getting a new card asap.....what
    about the 600?, how much more is the x800pro?

    thanks again.

    Bill

    FerretBill, Sep 2, 2004