    My current card is a Nvidia 8600GT my first and last nvidia. Does the 3870
    support 1600 x 1050 @ greater than 60hz
    Thanks in advance.

    spock, Mar 13, 2008

  2. spock

    Augustus Guest

    Did you try typing "passive HD3870" or "passive 3870" in Google? And looking
    at the top three hits?
    Powercolor makes one. An 8600GT is no better or worse than an HD3450 card,
    which is it's competition. Any research would have show you that an 8600GT
    is slower than a 7600GT in every single game running in DX9, and in DX10 is
    too slow to be of any use unless you back all the settings and resolution
    down to where it looks worse than DX9 mode.

    Augustus, Mar 13, 2008

  3. spock

    Augustus Guest

    An 8600GT is no better or worse than an HD3450 card, which is it's
    That was supposed to read "HD 2600 Pro". The HD 3450 is considerably lower
    on the rung.

    Augustus, Mar 13, 2008
  4. spock

    spock Guest

    Thanks for your reply, looks like it is not for sale yet.

    spock, Mar 13, 2008
  5. spock

    Augustus Guest

    Augustus, Mar 13, 2008
  6. spock

    spock Guest

    I should have said in Australia because Newegg will not ship to Australia.
    Thanks

    spock, Mar 14, 2008
  7. spock

    Augustus Guest

    Surely, being that close to the Asian market, there's some e-tailer around
    there that would carry it?

    Augustus, Mar 14, 2008
  8. spock

    spock Guest

    No one in australia has that model yet, it seems that Australia are the last to
    get new probucts.
    I am told first North America then the EU and so on then Australia.

    spock, Mar 14, 2008