    an ATI remote as well.

    Thanks

    David

    David Sontag, Jan 16, 2005

  2. David Sontag

    OB1 Guest

    David,

    You have some challenges ahead of you because ATI forces you to do a
    very careful upgrad and installation of all the drivers INDIVIDUALLY
    if you wnat full functionally of your 7500. The first thing to do is
    determine if you have the original CD that came with the card which
    wil be needed if you want to play DVD's using the MMC portion of the
    ATI software. If you do not, then you may can get by with the updates
    at the ATI site.

    There is a process that I will give you that will work. Email me at
    if you still are having problems.

    OB1, Jan 16, 2005

  3. David Sontag

    Minh Tran-Le Guest

    If you do not need the ATI DVD decoding software you can download (most
    of it) and install in the following order:

    1) WinXP/Graphic Driver/RADEON Family:
    <http://www2.ati.com/drivers/wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-082-041130a-019577c.exe>
    do not use the one with the "CATALYST control center"

    WinXP/Multimedia Center/ALL IN WONDER RADEON Family

    2) DAO/MDAC:
    <http://www2.ati.com/drivers/mmc-9-1-0-0-dao-mdac.exe>

    3) DVD Decoder if you still have the original CD (optional):
    <http://www2.ati.com/drivers/atiCDwiz4-0.exe>

    4) Multimedia Center (with all the warning on that page, it seems to
    work fine with mine):
    <http://www2.ati.com/drivers/mmc-9-03-0-0.exe>

    5) WinXP/REMOTE CONTROL/REMOTE WONDER. I have gotten some problem with
    that one. You may need that one + the X10Driver:
    <http://www2.ati.com/drivers/remote-wonder-2-5-0-0-english.exe>
    <ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/drivers/x10drivers.exe> (optional
    only if you have problem with the ATI one).

    6) The GUIDE+ software is not downloadable you will need to either have
    your original CD or buy it from ATI.

    Minh Tran-Le, Jan 17, 2005
  4. David Sontag

    Jody Guest

    5) WinXP/REMOTE CONTROL/REMOTE WONDER. I have gotten some problem with

    Also, download/install dx 9.0c (if not listed in the prev message) if you
    don't have it already.

    Make sure to download the microsoft encoder next as well.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx

    Jody, Jan 17, 2005
  5. David Sontag

    Tom Carman Guest

    Guide+ is a nice scheduling tool. The only thing I don't like about it is
    that it doesn't show all of the channels on my local cable. More to the
    point, there isn't any kind of contact address to get that omission fixed.

    Tom Carman, Jan 18, 2005