  1. Hows about in PowerDVD - Advanced - Snapshot?

    Always use PDVD anyway, as find it much better than ATI Player.

    Laurence

    Laurence Wilmer, Jun 24, 2004

  2. Laurence Wilmer

    Michael Guest

    Where can I set the STILL capture resolution in the software which
    comes with AIW 9000 PRO???
    I can not find it and need to make a 1024X768 capture of a MEDICAL
    video tape..

    THX

    Mich

    Michael, Jun 24, 2004

  3. Laurence Wilmer

    Mich Guest

    Thanks for replying...I like too Powerdvd but it capture just in
    BMP..huge!! I wonder why they dont use JPG..

    Thanks again..

    Mich

    Mich, Jun 30, 2004
  4. Guess:- JPGs are compressed, so need extra cpu time to make. Not what you
    need in the middle of a video - can always convert them yourself later with
    PSP or similar.
    Laurence

    Laurence Wilmer, Jun 30, 2004
  5. Laurence Wilmer

    Mich Guest

    Thanks.
    1- It is strange that in my past AIW MMC (ver. 7 and before)I always
    had found several capture alternatives and options in a dropdown menu
    (from 320 to 1024), but in my AIW9000 I can not find any other option
    than 640X480 max. (?)
    2- Do you really have done extensive tests between AIW and PowerDVD?
    Would you share your findings??

    Thanks again

    Mich

    Mich, Jul 2, 2004
  6. Not tests - experience. When I first got the AIW 9000PRO, I was baffled by
    an apparent inability to fast forwards or otherwise navigate through a video
    clip using ATI player, lockups and crashes resulting. Gradually worked out
    that the answer was to use PowerDVD - altogether superior software.

    The other software that came with the card was Pinnacle Studio - never got
    that to work either - using Nerovision satisfactorily.

    So my main learning is avoid the ATI .vcr file format as only ATI software
    can use that.

    HTH,
    Laurence

    Laurence Wilmer, Jul 2, 2004