    DCD Guest

    Does anyone know if there will be any type of ATI Radeon updates for the
    9200 pro that will make it a DX9 capable card?

    DCD, Jul 2, 2003

  2. DCD

    Jim Davis Guest

    Well, I don't know. I run DX9 with the 9200 and XP.

    Having said that, perhaps that's why I can't use AA in some games.
    Otherwise everything's working great.

    I wouldn't worry too much though, it'll be quite a while until games
    support DX9.

    I don't know why, but when I installed the card, something installed
    DX9 without me even asking, otherwise, I would not have installed it.

    Jim Davis
    Nature Photography
    http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/

    Jim Davis, Jul 2, 2003

  3. Half-Life 2 WILL use DX9 features, as to support it? Most games out now do
    not use many DX8 features, no games out at the moment require a DX 8 video
    card yet, but many require a DX 7 videocard.

    As to support for DX 9, 8 etc and videocard capabilities, many people are
    unsure: ASFAIK the 9200 is a DX8.1 hardware capable card which emulates DX9
    features in software. The Radeon 7500 is a DX7 card.

    IMO while the 5200 is slower than the 9200, probably, it is a DX9 hardware
    capable card.

    Alan Shepherd, Jul 2, 2003
  4. DCD

    Jim Davis Guest

    Ok, so for some reason something installed DX9 automatically without
    asking when I installed my new 9200. So it appears I have to live with
    it.

    Is this the reason AA is screwing up in some games?

    Is this the reason I can't get write-ahead to turn on?

    I'm pretty pissed that this is a DX8 card, then why would it install
    DX9 on my system? And without asking, that's the worst thing.

    I will likely spring for a better Radeon card in the near future, and
    put this on in my wife's computer. She's going to need digital monitor
    support and wont care about AA in games.

    Jim Davis
    Nature Photography
    http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/

    Jim Davis, Jul 3, 2003