ATI 9500np

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Richard Rollins, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. Any advice on configuring Halo, it will arrive in the next day or two.

    Richard Rollins, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Richard Rollins

    DaveW Guest

    Halo requires DX9 to visualize correctly. The ATI 9500 np is NOT DX9
    compatible.

    DaveW, Oct 22, 2003

  3. Richard Rollins

    Skip Guest

    I have a 9500np and have been unable to get Halo to run properly. If
    it runs well for you please give me your system specs.

    Skip, Oct 22, 2003
  4. Richard Rollins

    J.Clarke Guest

    The 9500 "makes use of DX9's enhancements" to the same extent as the
    9700 does, since they have the same chip. And if you think that the
    9700 doesn't "make use of DX9's enhancements" could you pass over
    whatever it is you're smoking?

    J.Clarke, Oct 22, 2003
  5. Richard Rollins

    Dave Guest

    Contrary to what the other poster said the 9500 DOES fully support Direct X
    9.0.
    the 9500/9700 and the 9600/9800 cards from ATI all are DX9.
    Even if it wasn't you could still run it on your system you just wouldn't
    get all the eye candy. It runs just fine on my 2nd. system with a GF3.
    Make sure and turn off AA since it isn't supported on Halo.
    GeeZ

    Dave, Oct 22, 2003
  6. Richard Rollins

    JAD Guest

    watch what words ya use ....compatible yes 'makes use of DX9's enhancements no ;^)

    JAD, Oct 22, 2003