    I have been to ATI's driver download but I can't find anything that
    specifically says it is the latest driver for the 9600XT. Would appreciate
    any help you experts could give me.

    Barbara Mullenix, Jul 11, 2005

  2. Barbara Mullenix

    Ian Guest

    ATI Radeon Catalyst drivers are unified for all Radeon cards.

    IMHO Premiere should see the ATI capture driver as a device.

    However, Adobe says the following about cards:

    " Problems may occur if the capture card or the video driver isn't
    compatible with Premiere and the operating system. For a list of
    Adobe-certified capture cards and drivers, visit the Adobe website at
    www.adobe.com/products/premiere/hdwr.html. For a list of
    Microsoft-certified cards and compatible operating systems, visit the
    Microsoft website at www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/search.mspx (Choose 1394
    Controller from the "In the following types" pop-up menu, and then click
    Search.) If your capture card isn't certified, see document 322576 , "Su
    pport Limitations for Using Uncertified Capture Cards with Premiere 6.x."

    " -- If you use an OHCI-compliant card, choose Edit > Preferences>
    Device Control 2.0.

    -- If you use a non-OHCI-compliant card, choose Edit > Preferences >
    Scratch Disk/Device Control, and select the card's device control. "

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0528-1, 11/07/2005
    Tested on: 12/07/2005 00:09:24

    Ian, Jul 12, 2005

  3. On ATI's customer care site they show Adobe as a Software Partner with
    drivers listed for each application. For Adobe Premiere Pro they show the
    driver version to be 7.88.41, which I downloaded and installed. Premiere
    still doesn't show the ATI capture card unless I'm doing something wrong. I
    just got Premiere and I admit I don't know much about it but I can't see
    anything I can do to force it to recognize the ATI card.

    Adobe Premiere Pro 7.88.4.1 FireGL X1-128

    Barb

    "If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a
    nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

    Barbara Mullenix, Jul 12, 2005
  4. Barbara Mullenix

    patrickp Guest

    AFAIK none of ATI's own 9600 cards, except the AIW, are capture cards,
    Barbara, although many of the OEM versions are. A 'Built by ATI'
    9600XT would not be.

    Also, even if you have a capture card, it's necessary to to install
    the capture (WDM) drivers: a stand-alone display driver from ATI will
    not include this. You need either one of their 'all-in-one' Catalyst
    driver sets (the 'high speed' as opposed to the 'low speed' ones) or
    to download the appropriate separate capture driver and install it if
    you've already installed the stand-alone display driver.

    HTH Patrick

    <> - take five to email me...

    patrickp, Jul 12, 2005
  5. AFAIK none of ATI's own 9600 cards, except the AIW, are capture cards,

    This is the key point. If the OP does indeed have a AIW card, it still will
    not be visible to Premier Pro. I think the last version of Premier to
    recognize my 9600 AIW was 6.0.

    To capture from a VCR for use in Premier, you just use the MMC app (Virtual
    VCR or Virtual Dub work fine as well) and capture to uncompressed avi format
    (the HuffYUV codec is usually best) and then import the file into Premier.

    Chuck U. Farley, Jul 12, 2005
  6. I am able to capture with Ulead's DVD Movie Factory Studio and with Pinnacle
    Studio 7. Also have captured with the MMC app. I have also imported these
    files into Premiere. The problem with the imported files is that it does
    not allow me to use scene detect in Premiere, it imports the file as a
    single scene. It is much easier to edit if the file is broken into scenes
    as it is in Pinnacle Studio 7. I have another All-In-Wonder card on my
    older PC and had always used it for capturing until I got the newer PC with
    the faster card last year.

    Barbara Mullenix, Jul 12, 2005
  7. Barbara Mullenix

    Ian Guest

    patrickp wrote:
    Patrick - I'm SO embarrassed - my eyes told me the OP was talking about
    an AIW card!! Sorry everybody!! ;-((

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0528-3, 13/07/2005
    Tested on: 14/07/2005 00:20:10

    Ian, Jul 14, 2005
  8. Barbara Mullenix

    patrickp Guest

    Looks like you're correct, actually, Ian: OP posted again a few hours
    before your last mentioning "another All-In-Wonder card," so
    presumably the first one is as well. She also mentions capturing with
    it in other apllications, so it must have video in.

    Patrick

    <> - take five to email me...

    patrickp, Jul 14, 2005