    or not. My score in 3d mark 2001 is 14252, which to me seems pretty
    decent. So, if anyone has had this problem (well, not really a
    problem) let me know.

    Mike H., Jun 26, 2004

  2. Mike H.

    Augustus Guest

    Check the default core and memory speeds with Everest or AIDA32. Stock 9800
    is 325 / 310 (620) whereas a 9800 Pro default is 380 / 340 (680). Your
    3DMark score is meaningless as a diagnosis since you did not post any of
    your system specs along with it.

    Augustus, Jun 26, 2004

  3. Mike H.

    Augustus Guest

    Just for reference purpose, my system is a Barton 3200 Nforce2 Soltek board
    with 2 x 512Mb dual channel with an ATI 9800 Pro. With the card running at
    default speed, with Cat 4.5's, it does 17,784 in 3DMark01 and 6022 in '03.
    Pushed to 9800XT speeds (412 / 730) it gets 18,188 and 6167 respectively.

    Augustus, Jun 26, 2004
  4. Mike H.

    Mike P Guest

    My Sapphire 9800np default speeds are 325core/290memory.
    But it clocks up to 390/345 without anomolies.
    Mike

    Mike P, Jun 26, 2004
  5. The only real difference between the 9800pro and 9800np is the speed of the
    ram and the bios. My ATI 9800np is recognized as a 9800pro as well. In the
    early days, some 9800nps were just 9800pros downgraded with a bios update...
    In the old days, there were often core differences between pro and np
    models, but that isn't the case here. So...

    newsgroups.bellsouth.net, Jun 29, 2004