    Can somebody explain the big difference between these two video cards. Is
    the $300 difference for the XT worth it??? I would like to hear from anyone
    who has actually used both!! Thanx Santa

    ajb, Dec 25, 2003

  2. ajb

    LBJGH Guest

    A little higher clock speeds for the XT and an additional 128mb of memory
    and a factory o/c feature. Most 9800pro's will clock to the same speeds
    though.

    No need to upgrade if you have a 9800pro.

    LBJGH, Dec 25, 2003

  3. ajb

    J.Clarke Guest

    The major difference is that the XT has a chip made by a different
    manufacturing process from the Pro that allows higher clock speeds. It
    also has temperature monitoring that allows the drivers to adjust the
    clock speed in accordance with the temperature.

    It it worth $300 difference? Given that the Pro goes for $300 I'd say
    no--it's not worth twice the price.

    J.Clarke, Dec 25, 2003
  4. ajb

    Phil Guest

    Phil, Dec 25, 2003
  5. ajb

    Strontium Guest

    -
    J.Clarke stood up at show-n-tell, in
    , and said:
    Where are people getting the $300 difference? In the US, it's $165 to $200
    more....

    --
    Strontium

    "And, all of your lies weren't enough to keep me....here."

    - Goo Goo Dolls

    Strontium, Dec 26, 2003
  6. ajb

    InvaderZim Guest

    Don't buy the 9800 XT for anything unless it is less than $350.00. Got my
    9800 Pro for $300.00 at Best Buy and the XT is not worth the extra $200.00.

    InvaderZim, Dec 26, 2003
  7. ajb

    InvaderZim Guest

    Don't know where you are getting your prices from but it is only 150.00 to
    200.00 more and not worth it

    InvaderZim, Dec 26, 2003
  8. ajb

    Darthy Guest

    Uh... no... unless $300 is something you can afford to blow (ie: you
    make $100,000 a year).

    Darthy, Dec 27, 2003
  9. ajb

    Darthy Guest

    er... not in the USA... He's from Canada...

    Darthy, Dec 27, 2003
  10. ajb

    Strontium Guest

    -
    Darthy stood up at show-n-tell, in
    , and said:

    Unless you, and OP are smoking CRACK...... The 9800XT, straight from ATI is
    only $165 more. IF you can spend $300 on a card, n the first place, give me
    a break.

    I'm not rich.

    But, get your damned facts straight.

    Strontium, Dec 27, 2003
  12. ajb

    Darthy Guest

    You asked, retard.

    Darthy, Dec 28, 2003
  13. ajb

    Darthy Guest

    Was I talking to you, idiot. Not only do you take Crack, you stuck it
    in the wrong hole. I was POSTING to the poster, going with roughly
    HIS price differences.

    So exactly what facts are you talking about?

    Darthy, Dec 28, 2003
  14. ajb

    Strontium Guest

    -
    Darthy stood up at show-n-tell, in
    , and said:
    The fact that the only idiot here, is you.

    Strontium, Dec 28, 2003
  15. ajb

    Strontium Guest

    -
    Darthy stood up at show-n-tell, in
    , and said:
    It was a rhetorical question, dumbass.

    Strontium, Dec 28, 2003
  16. what about the 9800 SE?
    uh, excuse me professor brainiac, but i think i know how a nuclear panner
    plant works....

    Hervey Cleckley, Dec 28, 2003