ATI AIW 9800 Pro NTSC PAL tuner?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Anna Löfstrand, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I have an ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 Pro graphics card!

    I strongly suspect that I will not be able to use the tuner on the card in
    Sweden!

    Why?

    Because
    ------------------------------
    The product code on the card:1029571010 tells:

    All-in-Wonder 9800 PRO 128MB DDR BGA NTSC

    BIOS part number: 11395710100
    partnumber: 1029571010

    See http://apps.ati.com/102lookup/index.asp

    The TV tuner onboard; Philips FI 1236 does not support the PAL B/G format!
    See http://www.ati.com/developer/atiddwdm.html

    On the card board box side it says:

    TV-TUNER REQUIREMENTS
    TV signal from amplified antenna or cable.
    Version included for:
    NTSC (North America, Japan and Latin
    America)

    and on the bar code label:

    AIW 9800PRO 128M AGP
    NA NTSC 100-713100

    ------------------
    There exists North American and European versions of the AIW cards:

    http://ati.com/products/radeon9700/aiw9700pro/faq.html#7
    http://ati.com/products/faqs/allinwonderfaq.html#12

    ------------------

    Can you please help me verify whether I will be able to tune in TV
    programs in Sweden or not with this ATI AIW 9800 Pro card?

    Do I need another version here in Sweden?

    Sincerely,
    Per-Arne Löfstrand

    Anna Löfstrand, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Anna Löfstrand

    peter Guest

    You need to look for the European Version that should be listed with the
    /+pal/secam in the title

    peter

    peter, Feb 7, 2004