    So in my case, the composite input provides better video
    quality than the TV tuner. I'd like to know if that's the
    way or I'm doing things wrong.

    author, Sep 2, 2003

  2. author

    JAD Guest

    It can be with any input device, It would depend on the source, A VHS can drop the signal power through the Composite output. Cheap
    composite cables (not shielded very well) Too long of composite cables. etc... on the other hand your cable may have many splitters
    on the line..or your internet connection shares your TV connection and your picking up interference...

    JAD, Sep 2, 2003

  3. author

    Vance McNeil Guest

    I've been told that the PC's components cause interference with the tuner.
    That's why the composite/rca connector gives a clearer picture.

    I have notied the same thing you have. Had I know this would be the case, I
    would simply have chosen a card with Video-In as I now use my VCR to provide
    the cable tuning.

    Vance McNeil, Sep 2, 2003