ATI AIW8500 DV - which port to use to capture TV?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by email, Aug 17, 2003.

  1. email

    email Guest

    I have ATI AIW8500 DV on my P4 2.6Ghz. And I have a few
    ways to capture TV programs, mainly music video at music
    channels like MTV, but which way provides the best video
    quality?

    1. Use a co-ex cable to directly connect the cable TV signal
    from the wall outlet to the TV tuner port on AIW8500.

    2. Use a composite cable(yellow, white, red)(I'm not so sure
    if it's called composite cable, but its connectors are
    yellow, white and red) to connect the ports on the cable box
    to the ports on the AIW8500 extension cord.

    3. Similar to method 2, but connect the composite ports to a
    TV set that's hooked up to the cable box.

    4. use a s-video cable to connect an s-video port on cable
    box to a s-video port on the AIW8500 extension cord.

    Which way of capturing TV would provide the best quality?
    I've tried method one. It's good, but not as sharp and
    smooth as other people's rip.

    email, Aug 17, 2003