    now XP, so I believe this may be some issue with XP, however, if
    anyone knows otherwise Im open to suggestions. Any help is much
    appreciated.

    Existentialism, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Existentialism

    Morrmar Guest

    screen went black and nothing happened, I waited quite a bit. So I
    Physically remove the ATI card and boot into XP with the onboard
    graphics. Delete all references to ATI in the registry, Explorer, and
    Device Manager and uninstall the MMC s/w if you installed it. The idea
    is to remove _all_ references to anything ATI. Then remove the
    Integrated Graphics from Device Manager and all references to it in the
    registry. Turn off computer, replace the ATI card, restart computer, and
    probably the most important, disable the onboard graphics in the system
    BIOS _before_ XP even starts to load. When XP loads, it should sense the
    New Hardware and automatically load all required drivers. The original
    XP, I think, and XP SP1 I know, comes with all necessary drivers for the
    128.

    Good luck.

    Morrmar, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Existentialism

    GMAN Guest

    Could also be that bastard windows activation thing kicking in. If it detects
    a major hardware change, windows will sometimes force you to do a refresh
    install over the top of itself.

    GMAN, May 4, 2004