    should; however, the other 90% keeps playing the same 1 second of video
    over and over ... looping infinately.

    Any clues as to how to fix this?

    statue023, Sep 21, 2006

  2. statue023

    Tuco Ramirez Guest

    It thinks your tapes have Macrovision. This piece of junk thinks that
    all my tapes have Macrovision.

    ATI support won't be any help. After about a month of going back and
    forth, they are willing to "fix" the card (I pay shipping). I already
    tried it by buying another card at a local store. The problem didn't
    go away.

    This issue didn't exist with a previous version of the AIW card I had.

    I had to buy another capture device.

    The software is also very shaky. It periodically stops working and a
    complete reinstallation needs to be performed (1 hour).

    If you just bought it, I would strongly recommend that you return it.
    You will save yourself a lot of headaches, and as I said, the problem
    will not go away.

    Tuco Ramirez, Sep 21, 2006