    happens. If anyone has any input i would appreciate it,,

    motherboard az31 , via chipset, latest 4in1 drivers
    1ghz athlon

    dev, Dec 15, 2003

  2. dev

    AZGuy Guest

    Are you sure the TV "antenna" cable is tight and the center conductor
    long enough to make good contact with the connector on the ATI board.
    I've seen regular TVs that seemed to do that when they had poor
    antenna connections.

    AZGuy, Dec 24, 2003

  3. dev

    dev Guest

    I have tried different cables and also when i capture from my video
    camera the break out box is connected through a svideo connection.
    When i watch a video file from the harddrive through the video out
    connection i don't have any problem at all. It seems to be the tuner
    part or something like that. Thanks.

    dev, Dec 27, 2003
  4. If you are using an S-Video connection, this could be a bad cable or
    connector (including a bad "purple breakout box" cable). In an S-Video
    cable, there are two separate cables, one carries the B&W (monochrome)
    signal, the other carries the color signal. If the color signal is open
    or shorted, you get a B&W picture.

    Barry Watzman, Dec 29, 2003